Director Finance, Chicago, IL
Director Finance - South Suburban & Trinity Hospitals
Job ID: 92064
Facility: TRINITY HOSPITAL
Department / Unit: Controllers Office
Status-FTE: Full-Time - 1
Directs of the activities of the Finance department including operating budget planning, development and monitoring of these budgets expense reduction management financial reporting financial planning and analysis and Finance department administration. Assists the Vice President in maintaining financial accountability for the institution. Serves as backup for the Vice President in their absence.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Health Administration
- CPA Preferred
- 10 years in health care finance working with hospitals and/or complex systems, with at least 5 years supervisory experience.
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to review quantitative and qualitative data and reach sound conclusions.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office Suite, general ledger(Lawson), patient accounting (Allegra), budget system (StrataJazz) and financial analysis and reporting systems.
- Solid understanding of hospital operations and nurse staffing principles.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Solid communication skills, including formal presentation and business writing.
- Working knowledge of hospital reimbursement principles.
- Good supervisory, project management and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Directs Annual Budget Process
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Labor Productivity
- Cash Management
- Revenue Cycle/Charge Capture Optimization
- Finance Administration