Physician (MD/DO) Clinical Director, Pendleton, OR
Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center
March 9, 2018
Physician (MD/DO) Clinical Director – Open Until Filled
EXAMPLE OF JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver and ensure that all medical providers deliver patient care in a responsible, respectful and caring manner using experience and current industry standards; provide medical screening, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and prevention services to all eligible patients in an outpatient clinic; legibly and timely document all patient visits following the patient visit; and execute various tests; analyze reports and findings; prescribe medications and administer treatment plans.
- Responsible for referrals for medical patients for specialized treatment when the patient’s medical needs are beyond the limits of the medical facility and/or beyond the scope of the medical provider. Creates positive external relationships while coordinating referral services with other medical practitioners and medical facilities. Coordinates services in a positive and collaborative manner with all YTHC departments. Reviews all referrals to ensure they are medically appropriate and within current priority guidelines. Works within approved budget constraints.
- Serves as a liaison and advisor to other professional personnel regarding patients and programming issues. Provides specialty services and clinics per program directives and needs; and assist with the training and education of patients, Health Commission members, and YTHC employees.
- Participates in a variety of meetings and committees including, but not limited to, Pharmacy and Therapeutic (P&T) committee meetings, Diabetic Team meetings, staff meetings, Quality Improvement Focus Group (QIFG) meetings, multi-disciplinary case management meetings. Serves on additional committees as necessary.
- Ensures continued compliance with Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC) standards by providing an active, peer-based program of quality assurance and quality improvement.
- Maintains records in compliance with professional, federal and other applicable guidelines; assure compliance with all accrediting agencies and with YTHC policies and procedures.
- Reviews and recommends new and revised program policies and procedures.
- Providing Utilization Management review from outside providers for Contract Health Services (CHS)
- Providing investigation and feedback to the Risk Management Department
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Possess degree of M.D. (Medical Doctor) or D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) with American Board of Internal Medicine or American Board of Family Medicine Certification (three years minimum) and be Board Certified.
- At least four years post residency (not including fellowship training) clinical experience in internal medicine or family medicine.
- Must have and maintain BLS and ACLS Certification.
- Must also maintain DEA Certificate.
- Knowledge of history, culture and health needs of Native American communities preferred.
- Must possess the ability to handle conflict and crisis in a professional manner.
- Requires advanced computer knowledge. Prior experience with MS Office and RPMS-EHR is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience to monitor and assess peers clinical competences and practices required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to perform job duties that involve driving GSA vehicles both on and off the Umatilla Indian Reservation and maintain insurability to operate a GSA vehicle.
- Must submit to and pass a reference and criminal background check and submit to and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Represents Yellowhawk with a respected and viable presence in the community.