Director of Quality Management, Medical Lake, WA
Eastern State Hospital, a division of Behavioral Health Administration within the Department of Social and Health Services, provides evaluation and inpatient treatment for individuals with serious or long-term mental illness.
As the Director of Quality Management, you will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day quality activities hospital wide to include civil commitment and forensic psychiatric inpatient services.
You're responsible to evaluate and ensure continuous compliance in all departments hospital wide with nationally recognized standards and pertinent local, state and federal rules and regulations to maintain accreditation and certification. This includes The Joint Commission (TJC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), College of American Pathologists and the state Board of Pharmacy.
Some of your responsibilities as the Director of Quality Management
- Coordinate all regulatory survey activities to assure that the facility maintains accreditation, certification, and licensure
- Prepare and present quality assurance reports to senior leaders and the governing body; manage progress of reports
- Make hospital rounds to assess compliance and to provide education to staff
- Oversee the infection prevention program, the patient engagement activities (including peer specialist), and promote high reliability across the hospital
As Director of Quality Management, you'll provide superior quality in all that you do. We're seeking a results-driven team player who'll embrace the dynamic environment at Eastern State Hospital, someone who'll continue to build relationships with stakeholders, and maintain a statewide hospital standard.
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in Nursing, Social Science, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or related Behavioral Health Science
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of accreditation/certification standards for TJC/CMS
- Minimum five years supervisory and management experience in a healthcare leadership role
- Knowledge of principles of healthcare performance improvement
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills and abilities, including; good judgment, independent problem solving, decision making, strategic planning, conflict resolution, time management, excellent communication skills, ability to lead others through teamwork and the provision of accurate and constructive feedback.
- Ability to translate complicated standards, conditions and data to functional language applicable to all job classifications.
To complete online application Apply Here
Questions contact Tracie Kidd at 360-628-7870