Physician Assistant, Chicago, IL
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush, with locations in Chicago and the Western Suburbs, is nationally recognized as a leader in comprehensive orthopedic services. The physicians of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush have received specialized training in orthopedic surgery and in subspecialty areas within the field of orthopedic medicine and can diagnose and treat even the most complicated and rare musculoskeletal conditions.
The Orthopedic Program at Rush University Medical Center is ranked as one of the Top 10 Programs in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush doctors are the official team physicians for the Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls, and DePaul University Athletics.
Here’s some information on the position:
We’re looking for a Physician Assistant at our Downtown Chicago location. This position would report to our Manager of Operations, with physician input. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Assesses patient health status including state of wellness and compliance with care plan, and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Utilizes practice technology including, but not limited to, electronic health record, dictation, and outcomes tools to their full capability to ensure excellent patient care.
- Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by physician.
- Educates patients and families as appropriate and provides continuity of care.
- Assists in Operating Room procedures.
- BA/BS, MS preferred; graduate of AMA accredited PA program
- Minimum one year experience as a PA, preferably in an orthopedic clinic setting
- Current Illinois state PA license
- Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current CPR Certification