Chief Financial Officer, Bellingham, WA
Chief Financial Officer
You can make a difference! Unity Care NW is searching for an experienced Chief Financial Officer who shares our passion for providing access to health care. This role is responsible for the financial management of the organization & serves as a member of the senior management team to develop and implement organizational strategies in accordance with board strategic goals. Responsibilities include:
- revenue cycle management
- oversight of all accounting functions & audits
- preparation, analyzation & presentation of financial statements, budgets & reports
- management of federal, state and private funding/grants
- supervision of the Controller and Billing Manager
- implementation and maintenance of internal controls
- management of capitated, at risk health insurance programs
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field with five years’ relevant experience in a multi-funded, non-profit health care organization, preferably a Federally Qualified Health Center. Experience with financial management & reporting related to federal grants & their audits and federal information resources is integral, as is experience with revenue cycle management in a health care environment. CPA certification is a plus. Candidates with equivalent experience, education & training are welcome to apply.
We are a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Bellingham area since 1982. Located in the northwest corner of Washington State, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health, and dental care, along with pharmacy services at 3 locations in Whatcom County serving a diverse and mostly underserved population of all ages. Employing over 250 caring and compassionate employees, we strive to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to 80,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer!
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities: Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping
- Excellent Schools: University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System
- Small Town or City Living: Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events
- Cultural Activities: Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums, Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants
To apply for this rewarding opportunity and truly make a difference in the community, please contact Vicki Curtis, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-788-2661. Visit our website at www.unitycarenw.org for more information on our organization and find out more about Bellingham at www.bellingham.org. Help us provide health care to everyone!